Tuesday 13 September 2016

The Grill on the Corner



So, tonight The Mary is in an assertive mood and we have gone for the ‘no nonsense’ approach to food.  She’s no up for my imagination and fairy boloney the night!  
She’s had enough… 
full stop…! 

It's a shame that because I had a great story about me standing on a corner in Shipbank Lane and getting arrested by the police in 1989!

On the other hand, The Mary was ever so proud of me the night because I got to The Grill on the Corner on the first go, well not actually the very first, we've been 9 times before but this was the first time I didn't need my sat-nav or any other navigational device.  It was a proud moment for both of us.  

Life changing actually!  

The Grill on the Corner is a very, comfortable favourite of ours and The Mary fancied an auld piece of meat the night and seemingly the ones here are ‘28 days’ old and, considering the glamour and youth working in The Grill, the tender beef might have been older than some of the staff!  

do prefer older meat myself but you can’t have everything can you, so I settled for something else?  'Spring Chicken Fajitas'! 

Andrew, our server, was about 14 and delightfully smiley.  I already knew what I wanted and ordered my faithful Fajitas to go with my very hot and fiery mood, which is just as well because I could hardly read the menu; the print is very small and faint.  The Mary said it was because I forgot my specs and was wearing sunglasses but, as I said, she's having none of my nonsense the night and was getting cheekier with every sip of her Pepsi Cola. 

Distracted by the twinkle of the Chandeliers I started to ignore The Mary's aggressive
demeanour Suddenly I noticed that the very decorative pendulums lit up the mirrors on the wall;  The Mary said she though she saw a Marble statuette standing stately in the hall I had a wee look on the way to the toilet and didnae see that!  Pepsi makes her hallucinate you see but she's too scared to come off it because of the unpleasant physical reaction that accompanies the process of ceasing to take and addictive drug.  Bit like listening to Charlie Pride actually! 

On the way to the toilet I heard the most wonderful sound of the saxophone; my absolute favourite, sexy instrument. As I followed the sensual sound I found myself in the loveliest space with dark, wood panels that opened into individual dancing cubicles which were perfect for a wee private shoogle.  It was wondrous but The Mary spoiled it when I told her about it and said I was 'aff my heid'  and shouldn't be allowed to go to the 'lavvy' on my own.   

She said I'd been away for ages! 

The food was amazing and as my wee Fajitas sizzled I felt all tingly and warm inside. The Mary didn't give me any more dirty looks because she was right busy getting tore into her juicy, meaty feast. 

So, tonight, The Mary and I went for an old school classic and I have to say, I feel both shaken, and stirred.  It's just such shame the wee club downstairs closes at the same time as the restaurant because I could fair go another, wee dance 

So, thank you for a great evening and I hope your Chandeliers never loose their sparkle! 

Although Nicole Nugent in the accompanying picture shines the brightest in that place,

By the way...
What clubs are open on a Monday? 


Mx 






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mx and the Mary for your blog in the grill on the corner made me want to go back and have one of their tasty steaks oh PS i.know yous dont drink so i will add their cocktails are the bees knees cheers girls xx

Unknown said...

Brilliant love it

Glasgow Girl said...

Thank you Anonymous feel free to share and follow the blog! Mx and The Mary