Saturday 1 April 2017

Guy's


This is Guy's perspective on Haggis!




He spent more than 20 years looking after ‘A’ listers and then decide to give up being ‘Man in a Suitcase’.  Leaving the younger generation to look after the stars he headed back to Glasgow to look after food luster like myself and The Mary!

His new adventure then began in Merchant City in the very vibrant quarter of Glasgow on the Lower South East Side of the City.  He has created an eclectic menu which reflects Guy’s own passion for cooking using the finest ingredients sourced from independent producers.  He mixes these with simplicity and flair resulting in food that begs to be eaten with gusto!

The Scottish Tapas

Mince and Tatties, Haggis Neeps and Tatties and Steak Pie!
And Pure Good Massive Big Chips!
This is no ordinary food.
This is Guy's Food.
Genius!



I noticed some signs in Guy’s relating to a club called ‘The Scottish Beef Club’.  I couldn’t wait to get home and tried to join it thinking it was a dating agency.  When I saw the mention of Angus Beef and Scottish Lamb I thought it was an age related thing but it’s no. 

It’s about actual meat!

This association pride themselves ‘on making sure restaurants have the best and freshest produced Scottish Beef’ and Guy’s support this all the way. I still think it should include some sort of link with to a dating agency.  I was trying to explain this mating concept to The Mary and she thought I had suddenly taken a wee notion for bestiality!

She actually said, “I know men are pure pigs sometimes but that’s no right.  Ye cannae be starting to do awe that stuff.  You might meet a nice guy.” 

AGAIN…I’m not interested in sexual relations with anyone never mind a beast.  I’ve had more than my fair share of that carry on!   

Maybe one day I’ll fit some in and it will definitely be with…well who knows?  I could become more experimental but ‘it’ would still need to be human! Or maybe a robot and I could programme to my exact specifications!



For the moment my passion is food so back to The Market Menu.  It had a great choice and I choose the Scottish ‘Taps Aff’ and the other person, who wasn’t The Mary, had something else that was equally quirky and fabulous.  I do think I could go to Guy’s and stick a pin in the menu and have anything. 

The atmosphere has a certain dangerous quality to it; mainly because of the exposed candles.  I had such fun watching my neighbor Jane reading her menu while it was melting over the flame.  I could have told her but I was fascinated by her concentration and she even looked up at one point and spoke to me and still didn’t notice.

I had to explain to Zac why I was choking with laughter and apologized for the melted laminate and he shared that he often set himself on fire.  I mean I thought he was hot enough but got flustered at the thought of him actually blazing.

Hats off to him for taking the risk with both the candles and sexually frustrated auld women night after night!




So, go along to Guy’s and you will be entertained, fed and maybe even enjoy a Pure Glasgow Roasting.

Who Knows?

Mx

Maybe one day Barbara Bryceland will pop in and sing this to Guy!  Barbara will be singing with Tony Christie at The Scottish Entertainment awards on 7th May 2017!

Now…to the tune of My Guy!

I’m strollin’ up the toon
And walked right roon tae My Guy’s
My Guy’s
It’s right near Merchant Square and Stuart says it’s rherr
In my Gu u u u uy’s
So that’s my proof to go and try it!
My Lord next week I’ll start the diet
I’m telling you from the start
That Zac he stole my heart
In My Guy’s

I gave the Mary my word of honor
I’d pick her up and have a donner
Roon tae Merchant Square
Tae see the ginger hair
Of my Guy

There’s nothing you can say that’ll keep me away from that Guy
That Guy
Nothing you could cook ‘cause I’ve found my nook
With This Gu u u u u y’s
I picked my food from the market menu
When I came on Monday to this venue
I’m telling you from the start
Wee Zac stole he my heart
The hot Guy
Hot Guy

From when I saw the market menu
I loved the choices…in this venue
I’m telling from the start
You’ll love the A La Carte
From this Guy!

See you the next time!

No comments: