Tuesday 8 November 2016

Nakodar Grill





So, never thinking for a moment The Mary would take it literally, I asked her, not, to help me with Maximilian, my grandson, when we got to the restaurant.  As I got out of the car she lit her fag as I struggled to get the pram out of my tiny boot.  I looked across at her and she smiled, a sort of Mona Cheeky smile.  I thought, ‘I’ll show her’ my technical skills and got the pram upright in jig time, after falling over and dropping my bag, gloves and car key.

I then went round to the door to get the baby out of the car and noticed the pram rolling down the hill and what did she do?   She smiled over at me and pointed towards the runaway perambulator stating I'd forgot to put the brake on.  Her smile seemed to be more obvious at this point, like the Mona effeing Lisa when viewed at a distance.  I was actually thinking her lips might be more prominent if she disnae hurry up and help me! 

Needless to say The Mary was delighted when I had to ask her to help me unlock the child from the car seat.   Not so smart later though when she phoned me and said that when I dropped her off she had taken the wean by mistake and didn’t realise until she went to put him into a bed in the dormitory and it was already occupied.   

This evening we are going to Nakodar which is an exquisite Indian Restaurant in Midtown East End and situated in an 18th Century town house on Annfield Place just off Duke street.

“Nakodar is committed to producing he finest quality and most nutritious Indian food using fresh and natural ingredients, cooked in a bespoke tandoori oven (one of only two of its kind in Scotland) and with over 25 years of family experience’ I can assure you they have hit the jackpot in both location and clientele with a love of Indian Cuisine.

Named after a city in India you almost feel transported there when you enter the ‘Gate of Goodness’ and smell the aroma of the spices and feel the warmth of the oven and openness of the ‘sala’.  This was very important to me and The Mary because of the fact we had the child in the hazardous, wean vehicle.  My driving wisnae very good as I am 30 years out of practice and these new-fangled things are awfie twirly.

They asked if we needed a high chair and I declined because it had taken me 20 minutes to get Lord Max into the bloody thing in the first place so I pretended to him that I had made a fort and, like Sardar Tara Singh Ghaiba, he was the master of the surroundings.



Tony our server was very handsome and efficient and I ordered the Lamb Karachi and The Mary had the Buttered Chicken Masala. We shared a Nan bread and rice.  I have to say that is was the most delicious, succulent and tender meat I have tasted since I kissed wee Max for the first time.  Then I looked up at The Mary and she looked sort of delirious so I didn’t want to disturb her by asking how she enjoyed hers as her eyes were rolling and she was drooling.  

That said it all really!

Finishing off with an Americano with hot milk and a Decapitated Lassie for the The Mary we set off home in an extremelly zesty, spicy and very saucy mood!  A rare night was had by all and I cannot wait to go back and get pure spiced up again…soon!

So, like John, the purveyor, who visualised this restaurant for a very long time, if you have a dream go after it and make it come true.  Good things happen to those who wait.

By the way, Maximilian is still at The Mary’s and Sarah is going to pick him up before she leaves on Saturday.

Till the next time
Mx



No comments: