Wednesday 24 October 2018

Roosevelt's Bar and Kitchen!


Who would pick a daisy in a field of roses?
Me neither!
Nor would I pick a vegan burger in a den of meat but go to Roosevelt’s Bar and Kitchen at 144 Park Road in Woodlands Glasgow at least you have the choice.
The meaning of Roosevelt is ‘Field of Roses’ but Brothers Scott and Graeme or, taking into account the origins of their names I’ll call them God and Gravel, are packing them in with juicy, fleshy, brawny burgers and with the help of some ‘Vegan Burd’ called Adele they’ll also offer mortal free options.
Vegans eat a wide variety of plant foods such as lentils, beans, nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables. Their preference is for anything that’s not derived from livestock. Personally, I think plants have feelings too and would never forage a flower, from the earth, to die in a vessel, on its lonesome.
Me, like most of the men I know, would always pick moist lamb, slender venison or a lean cow to take up the road.  Nothing like a bit of fresh, young meat to sully the bulbous nerve endings on your tongue and get your ravenousness juices flowing.
The bothers Mclean, as the name implies, are sons and servants of the city and I applaud them for their dedication to great scran. Even if it means munching with bush fondlers.
The boys use the freshest of ingredients from local suppliers such as S. Collins & Son in Muirhead (Butchers Extraordinaire) and they have my favourite, Glasgow based, Italian Aroma Coffee. I choose the ‘Eleanor’, beef patty burger with bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickle and burger sauce topped with Jalapenos. It was hot and meaty just like big Scotty Boy!
I was reading yesterday that Eleanor Roosevelt died of cardiac failure and on the way home I felt as if history might repeat itself because I’d scoffed everything on my plate. Fortunately, the meat was so lean and the bun so light and fluffy that I didn’t meat my end...not yet anyway and could still touch my toes without bending my knees.
Just saying!
So, get your hin’ end up to that West End or call right now and book a table on 0141 339 9124 and sample an 8 oz. Rump for a mere £16 quid or a Clinton Sausage for a tenner. Remember though, Bill’s schlong nearly cost him the presidency, so be careful of how you masticate your mutton.
I would have loved some of the Sticky toffee pudding, drizzled with hot, toffee sauce and vanilla ice cream but I’d been well satiated. Also, I’m quite a clumsy eater and didn’t want to mess up my dress then have to explain myself at the cleaners!
“Yes, I did have, messy, sensual relations with a steamy, sticky pudding!”
Maybe they could create a Lewinsky Hotdog with cream cheese, runny mayo and Jalapenos then serve it with a discount voucher for the local Johnson’s the Cleaners!
So, everything in the Roosevelt Garden is Rosy and although you can’t grow flowers in gravel these guys are nourishing their business with great food, a fantastic selection of drinks and honest hospitality along with diversity, imagination and vigour!
I wish them all the luck in the West End!
See you next time with The Mary!
Mx

No comments: