Friday 3 February 2017

The Corinthian Club







Now, I know I’ve been in The Corinthian lots of times but the other night there was something very different about it.  It felt strangely homely and Melissa who greeted us was so genuinely friendly.  My previous visits have been met with; what I can only describe as cool aloofness, served with an air of grandiosity.  So much so that I had said I’d never go back.

I’m so glad I gave it another chance!

This beautiful building was one of the finest 18th Century private residencies built for a City Merchant named George Buchanan.  He inherited the land from his father and the ground was farm land.   Basically it was a cabbage patch and had to be cleared away before building could begin.  Now the Place more fragrantly Coco Chanel than cabbage soup.


 In 1920 the original building was renovated and became a judiciary court and some of the country’s finest Victorian interiors were ‘hidden behind panels and false walls’.  



Now, if you go in at the weekend, it’s not the false walls you need to be concerned with but getting your eyes knocked out with fake boobs.  Also, I met a lassie I hadn’t seen for years in the toilet one night and her lips were that big she got stuck to my cheek.  It was really embarrassing and we had to get a chef to come with a spatula to wrench her off me. 

I’ll just wave the next time I see her.

By the way if any of you are thinking about enhancements then you need to go to the best in Glasgow.  These are professionals who are also very fabulous in all respects!




So now for the food. We chose the market menu and although The Mary and I usually choose something different; we both plumped for the chicken.  It did not disappoint.  With a lovely sauce the chicken was succulent and very tasty.  Likewise, the dauphinoise potatoes were creamy, moist, velvety, deliciously flavored and mouthwateringly sensual.  I can honestly say I have never had a near sexual experience with a potato; or any other vegetable until now!

Fruit is another matter altogether.  Me and fruit have a long history.

Did you know that coconut oil can enhance your mood and is great for massage but please use responsibly as it is also known to damage latex condoms?  Is coconut fruit; I’m unsure?  Bananas, strawberries and cherries, you could say, are evidently and sexually symbolic.  I’ve popped my cherry many a time.  


So I’d like to thank Christopher, our server, for his fabulous service and great, cheery chat.  He even offered to take photos without us asking him.  I know it takes a lot of time during the service to add on time for staff to take photos of customers; so he went above and beyond by taking the time to do this.

So, there we were, me, The Mary and Rosaria sitting in grandeur, underneath the iconic Corinthian dome in a space where many an illicit lawbreaker has been taken down.  So in the words of Donald Findlay, although I think he was talking about Ibrox, “for me personally tradition and history is in” that building, right there, at 191 Ingram Street, in the heart of my wonderful City!



If Rosaria and Gary are reading this, it’s in Ingram Street at number 191!

See you the next time!

Mx



No comments: