Saturday 30 December 2017

Palazzo Parisio!

Lunch at the Palace!
This week in Malta my daughter and I went to Naxxar which is a very picturesque town in the heart of Malta. Parking there, like most places in this country, is a bit of a nightmare and my lovely daughter became a bit of a monster.  Not only is she 7.5 months pregnant and looks a bit monstrous but she’s developed a very, vile tongue and was spouting profanities like a Ranger’s Supporter at half time in an old firm game!
We went for lunch to Palazzo Parisio which dates back to 18th Century and gives the best service I ever get in Malta. Their philosophy is to ensure everyone has the best possible experience whether you are a beggar or a king. Bought by the Marquis Giuseppe Scicluna in 1898 and is now run by the mother and daughter team; Christine Ramsay Scicluna (Baroness of Tabria) and her daughter Justine Pergola.

This venue showcases a very eclectic collection of Maltese art inspired by the styles created by Italian artist who previously lived on the Island. The beautiful surroundings include a dreamlike garden enclosed within the walls of the beautifully renovated palace, mirroring its lavish elegance and opulence.
The servers who brought us lunch were charming and even helped to look after a very tetchy two-year-old in the remnants of a tantrum. Uri was very kind and sat us in a corner away from everyone else. Lucia, who was delightfully petite was as efficient as a sergeant major with an extremely delicate way with her.

The food was fabulous and the afternoon completely charming from beginning to end. I’ve been many times before and have never been disappointed. Summer, Winter and Spring all offer different backdrops to a very glamourous and indulgent experience at a very reasonable cost!  
  
The only thing missing for me was my very favorite ItalianAroma Coffee but I’m sure I had this vision in the garden and maybe next time my dream will come true!
See you next time…

Glasgow Girl On Tour!

Click the link below to order my favourite Coffee!

No comments: