Sunday 1 October 2017

Tuxedo Glasgow

So, tonight folks I’m Smart!
Definition: Clean, tidy, well-dressed, fashionable and dapper but I’m also quite sharp, quick witted, shrewd and, at times, I’m told, visceral which I don’t object to one iota because it’s a primitive instinct which has saved me, many times, from fast-talking, sharp shooting charmers.
Dress codes can be scary beasts and I can cope with Black tie, Cocktail and Smart but one of them always has me stumped; Smart Casual. 
WTF does it even mean?
Business formal is suggested at daytime semi-formal events which are generally work related such as dinners or lunches with clients. For men; a suit and tie should be considered but the tie can be optional depending, in my opinion, on the quality of the other apparel/garb/gear/attire. 
Black tie is usually crystal clear for men as it would mean a tuxedo or kilted kit but for women it’s a minefield of long, cocktail, chic separates or a very high end pantsuit. If in doubt glance through pictures on Pinterest of Audrey Hepburn and Coco Chanel. They are inspiration when looking for ideas for a LBD and statement jewellery.  Have a look at my style ideas here on Pinterest?
Casual, which I never really am so I cannot really give advice on, is, by definition, a free for all and I would never put it on an invitation. To me leaving the house is an occasion to get dressed up and I love clothes so as long as I’m comfortable that’s the main thing. Plus, if you’ve ever seen teachers on an in-service day, they try so hard to be casual, it’s painful to witness.
However, tonight for the launch of Tuxedo in Merchant City the very Fabulous, yes with a capital ‘F’, Donna McAteer has made the dress code very clear; Smart which can be variations of all the above really. I've opted for Business Formal’ as I’m not drinking and going with a very dear friend for dinner later. Also, it's a nightclub and my dancing on tables, having sex in toilets, drinking from shoes and buckets are behind me! I see this evening as a networking – meeting new ‘friends’ opportunity. So, it’s pantsuit for me, with a tux style jacket in Homage to the Venue.
The concept for Tuxedo is based on the neo-speakeasy scene in New York and is aimed at ‘clubbers’ who are looking for an upscale nightlife experience. Aiming at an ageless clientele it's ambitious but I can see how, for this venue, it might work. I have longed for a place to go where the music is not too loud and I can still have a conversation with my companions
The underground venue is on Albion Street and comprises of a large bar and club area with luxurious booth seating, dancefloors and two VIP suites, resident and guest DJ’s, including the very magnificent Paul N’jie. They offer a specially curated drinks menu with stylish waiting staff who will dispense a deluxe customer experience. I don't mean the staff will be on the menu but they will give you the bast time!
There will be my kind of music on a Sunday late afternoon and I might even hear my very talented friend Michael on the piano. So, if they keep the standards high and the dress code smart. Keep on that you handsome bugger Struan. If not, you will be strewn with late night stragglers looking to go underground so as not to be nicked by our very own Police Scotland.

Click the photo and get ready for Halloween?
Keep it classy just like that fabulous marketing lassie Donna McAteer!
Signing off but you can read more from me @ Glasgow Girl



No comments: