Tuesday 31 October 2017

Plato Bothwell!

When I said to The Mary we were going to Plato she was a bit distracted and asked,

“A Plate O’ whit?  Stoap dain that posh voice, I need to know what I’m having so I can think about it all day, that’s part of the experience stupit!  That’s what makes me happy on a Monday no the idea of seeing you.”

She had better watch out because it’s Scorpio season and I’m at my most powerful just now!

“How can I be happy?”

This is an ancient question to which scholars responded by saying we should ‘flourish’ and ‘live a good life’; the rest will follow.  Most of us imagine we’re not truly happy and are looking for the impossible, the dream, when really, we should live in the moment, face a reality that life is not perfect, but life is good.  My life is very fulfilling, I feel content and I’m happy with that.  The Mary’s life is another story but that’s hers to tell but one day she might allow me share it with you, the reader, whoever you are?

Plato said,
“Love is a serious mental disease!”

I feel love is fleeting and overrated yet it’s what most of us strive for.  Me, I’m looking for an intimate, sensual relationship with no ties except faithfulness and you’d think it would be easy?  I’m not easy in any respect but I know what I want, but, it’s proving fairly difficult.  You see I want a plus +1 with whom I can have ‘added value’ but it needs to be exclusive. However, I’m assured by my trusted friend Guy, men don’t buy into this and would view this ‘liaison’ as casual; giving them a red light to double dip.  I’m sure he’s right and that’s ok because I want this, I don’t need it!

So what does makes me happy?  Family Friends and Food are just about all it takes, so tonight The Mary, My Babylady and I are off to Plato in Bothwell and to be savouring all of my favourite things in one fell swoop is more than I could ask for.  
Plato also stated,
“There is no harm in repeating a good thing.”

This the new venture from the very successful team who run The Italian at Redstones in Uddingston. Sam Abbasi, the chef, has previously won ‘best pasta’ and is up for the same award this year in The Scottish ItalianAwards, as well as Best Chef.  I’ve eaten from the plate of the great Sam and it’s delicious in any of its forms; fleshy, mouth-watering, luscious, lascivious and yummy.  I’m a Scorpio I can make food sound sexy but Sam delivers it on an expansive Plato!  
Plato means to ‘reach a state or level of little or no growth' and I’m baffled as to why, with this double meaning, the boys have chosen this name.  They are not anywhere near reaching their limit and will go far, continuing to progress, increase and develop their business with enthusiasm, hard work and innovation.  Their new restaurant is a step in a different direction but they have the reputation to ensure a solid foundation in Bothwell.  In business, if you level off, you dissipate and dissolve so George and Sam are doing the right thing by moving forward with γεύση και τάξη

I can’t actually believe I’ve quoted Plato and The Mary in the same text but we are all philosophers of our own character also she lived and worked in Greece so is quite the critic on this Creek cuisine.  I never criticise because, in my mind, any experience, good or bad, is still an event.  Life is what you make it and the boys at Plato have made this venue a Mediterranean Haven! The colours are calming, welcoming and fresh.

George and Jennifer were there to greet us and are a very warm and hospitable couple who make a perfect team and, I may say, punching at equal weight. The pictures I’ve seen of the restaurant do not do the place justice and when we were shown through to the Sala at the back I was astonished at the light airy feel of the space. 

The Mary choose the set dinner menu, selecting mussels with cream sauce and we had to help her eat them because the portion was so generous.  She then had the Chicken Souvlaki and this is the point where I always get actual food envy and want to change my mind but when my Lamb Kleftico, accompanied with potato and vegetables arrived, I got over it in an instant.  Rosaria had the Beef with rice which was also slow cooked to perfection, richly seasoned and perfectly saucy. 
I was so satiated I didn’t have room for a sweet and earlier I'd spoken to Kirsty and her fabulous mum Cecillia who make Plato’s dreamy meringues.  Honestly, go in and have just that, a dessert, for breakfast, they are like a dream in a crusty shell. I need to make sure I have one the next time and it will be soon.  The two course menu is only £13.95 and I felt as if I robbed them because of the quality of the food.  This menu is only £11.95 at lunch time.
Oh, and they have my favourite coffee Italian Aroma which I should never have had at 8.45pm but there you go!  It's my one and only vice...oh and cake..and maybe...?  I have to say I like the cup in the picture, it's my favourite but not the one they have in Plato.  It's a massive bucket cup and although It was too much for me it's a lot of coffee for your money.

So, at the end of the day I felt fulfilled because I’d had fun with family and friends and that’s what life is about, well that and orgasms, now and again I could do with one of them.  Maybe with a Meringue on top!

See you the next time!

Me, The Mary and Babylady!
Mx

You can buy my favourite coffee online by clicking this link on Amazon!


  

No comments: