Thursday 29 June 2017

Food Fight!


So, The Mary came out to the car wearing cowboy boots and a Stetson!


I didn’t even ask.

We were going to Kastriot’s in Baillieston and taking my lovely, wee neighbours for their birthdays.  I was so glad when they chose this fabulous place as it's one of my favourites.  They'd even checked out the menu online the night before and knew exactly what they were going to have to eat.  They were so excited I felt quite humbled and emotional.  

Sometimes we don’t appreciate how lucky we are and this meant so much to them! 

The Mary was also very pleased because when we take them out she does her version of Carpool Karaoke and choose to give us a couple of country numbers.  Hence the fancy dress.  Her first number was ‘Blue Ain’t your Colour’ by Keith Urban and someone should have maybe pointed this out to her before she left the house because she was top to toe in denim.  She might have gotten away with it but for the diamante and colourful embroidery. 

Roll a Silver Dollar had me in tears and I had to stop the car because she gives such a good rendition but has to do the actions in order to remember the words.  So there we were, on Tollcross Road with The Mary entertaining us on the pavement.  Traffic stopper that was and on the way to Kastriot’s we heard it on the news at Smooth radio!

“Calamity Jane spotted in The East End of Glasgow.”


Award Winners! 
Not sure what for in this picture but they were the best and that's all that matters!

Kastriot met us at the door and has the loveliest manner and smile which makes you feel immediately welcome and relaxed.  The lighting seemed different from the last time I was in and I’m not sure how or why but The Mary looked much better in the dimmer, more atmospheric, lighting.  

Thank the lord, because her sequins were giving me a migraine.

The four of us had Lamb dishes.  I don’t know anywhere else that does this style of slow, cooked melt in your mouth, meat.  The Foccaccia was crisp and tasty and The Mary was raging when Jane helped herself to, not one but, two bits and I thought to myself The Mary's “gonna get her guns oot in a minute if we don’t order another”.   

At that, very, tense moment, Kastriot - The Lone Waiter, galloped up with an amazing Pitta with Tzatziki.  

Thank goodness for him saving the day or it would have been like the food fight at the OK Corral.

On the subject of Food Fights.  As we were eating dinner I had a bit of discomfort in my middle.  I‘d eaten so much food over the weekend there hardly enough room for anything else.  I was in trouble unless something gave way.  The Fabulous CorinthianAfternoon Tea  I'd had with Helen had only just departed to make way for Guy’s Roast Beef Dinner which was currently on its way out. 

Kastriot’s lamb was trying to make its way down and there was a skirmish going on in my newly formed spread.

Guy's Roast beef Dinner!



I’ll be glad to go on holiday because I find it challenging to eat in the heat and love to swim in the sea to keep cool.  So, while most people put on weight at this time, I actually lose it along with my dignity.   Because of the high temperatures I'm often found, lying in a heap, at the side of the road, in a pool of my own sick.  My daughter can attest this and stated last year that she’s “never had such a pure riddy” in her “entire life” which is amazing, her being 34 and having me for a mum.

“So if you are looking for places to eat in Baillieston, Glasgow, you should head to Kastriot's Mediterranean Bar & Grill today. It is one of the best places to eat Mediterranean food in Glasgow.”
Kastriot

I’ll be in the Med soon and I’ll let you know if I find anything better than Baillieston’s finest, luscious, lamb.

Work those abs....!

See y’all abroad!

Kiss!   

No comments: